How To Cancel ahrefs Subscription?
Ahrefs is an SEO tool that offers numerous reports to help you to optimize your website’s SEO and rank high on Search engine Result Pages (SERPS).
If your search rankings are not improving even after using ahrefs, and you are unhappy with the tool, you can cancel your ahrefs subscription easily.
Most first-time users are confused about the cancellation policy of ahrefs. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to cancel your ahrefs subscription and get a copy of your data.
Table of Contents
Ways to cancel ahrefs subscription
You can cancel your Ahrefs subscription in any of the following ways –
- Company website
- Third-party services
How to Cancel Ahrefs subscription from your account
You can cancel your subscription with a few easy clicks on Ahref’s website.
- Open Ahref’s website (ahrefs.com)
- Sign in to your account by clicking the sign-in option on the top right corner
- Choose account settings
- Click on the billing tab in the menu
- Click the cancel subscription tab
How to cancel Ahrefs subscription using email
Another way to cancel your subscription plan is through email. Follow these steps to cancel your subscription using the email :
- Draft a cancellation email listing down the reasons for cancellation
- Mention all your account information so the company knows who are you
- Address the email to [email protected]
- You will receive a response from the team, which will help you with instructions to cancel your account.
How to cancel ahrefs subscription on the google play store
You can easily cancel your ahrefs subscription using your google play store on your android device. Here are the steps to follow
- Open the Google play store app
- Click on the profile icon on the top
- Tap the payments and subscriptions tab
- Click on subscriptions
- Choose ahrefs in the subscription list and click on cancel
What happens when you cancel a subscription on the google play store
Even after you cancel the subscription, you can still use the plan for the time you have already paid.
For example, if you buy an annual subscription on 10th January, and you cancel your subscription in august. You can still use it for the remaining time.
How to cancel ahrefs subscription on the phone
You can also cancel your ahrefs subscription on the phone. You can call the customer service number of ahrefs and request them to cancel your plan.
Here are the instructions on how to cancel your ahrefs account over the phone.
- Call the customer service number of ahrefs – (415) 655-1014,
- Give your account details
- Explain the reasons for cancellation
- Request cancellation and follow further instructions from the team
How to cancel ahrefs subscription through third-party services?
You can cancel your ahrefs subscription easily using third-party services that help you to manage your subscriptions.
CliclZ.com, yourdigitalrights.org and donotpay.com are examples of such services that help to cancel your ahrefs account.
Can I upgrade or downgrade my ahrefs subscription?
You can upgrade or downgrade your ahrefs subscriptions at any time. However, it is not possible to upgrade or downgrade your ahrefs legacy plans.
Ahrefs has launched new plans from 18th March 2022. The old plans are known as legacy plans.
If You have bought a subscription before 18th march, 2022, you have a legacy subscription.
Terms of using a legacy plan
- Legacy plan subscribers cannot upgrade or downgrade their plans. They cannot make any changes to the billing cycle.
- Your account will be live and unchanged
- Once you shift to the new plan, you cannot restore the legacy plan
If you have subscribed to ahrefs after 18th March 2022, you have a new plan. You can upgrade or downgrade your subscription at any time.
Upgrades will come into effect immediately, whereas the downgrade will come into effect after the end of your existing billing period.
How to upgrade or downgrade your ahref’s subscription
- Sign in to your ahrefs account
- Open account settings
- Tap on the billing option
- Select the change plan tab at the bottom of the page
Can I pause the ahrefs subscription?
You cannot pause your ahrefs subscription. If you want to temporarily stop using ahrefs, you can cancel your subscription and rejoin when you are ready. Your cancellation will come into effect at the end of your existing payment cycle.
It is important to note that all your projects and data will be deleted within 90 days from the date of cancellation of the subscription.
If I cancel early, will I get a refund for the remaining subscription period?
Ahrefs does not give any refund if you cancel your subscription as the cancellation will only come into effect at the end of your payment cycle.
For monthly subscriptions, you get a window of 48 hours after payment, to cancel your subscription and get a refund, provided you did not use their services during the 48 hours.
Will there be any cancellation charges to cancel the ahrefs subscription?
There are no cancellation charges to stop your ahrefs subscription. You can stop the subscription at any time. However, the cancellation does not come into effect immediately. Your plan will be cancelled at the end of your existing payment period.
Is it possible to clear ahrefs history?
You cannot clear search history in ahrefs as it is stored in their database. However, your projects and data will be deleted automatically within 90 days from the cancellation of the account.
You can remove the keyword lists on the keyword explorer. Here are the steps to follow
- Open the keyword explorer
- Click on the keyword lists on the keyword explorer dashboard
- You will see three dots (…) on the right side of the screen, for every keyword
- Click on these 3 dots
- You will get 2 options – rename, delete
- Choose the delete option to remove a keyword list
How to get a copy of your data from ahrefs after you cancel the subscription?
You can request ahrefs to delete some of your personal data after you cancel the subscription.
If they do not comply, you can use the services of third-party organizations such as yourdigitalrights.org to demand the company delete your data or give a copy of your data.
Related Read: How To Cancel Semrush Subscription?
There are many ways to cancel your subscription and delete your ahrefs account.
You can do it directly on their website, write an email requesting cancellation, call on their contact number or cancel it through the google play store for android devices.
There are some service providers, who can help you to manage or cancel your ahrefs account.
There are no cancellation charges for deleting the account, but the cancellation will be effective only after your current payment term has expired. You can use the services until the payment period expires.
You can upgrade or downgrade your plans anytime, however, you cannot pause your subscription.
While the upgrade comes into effect immediately, the downgrade will be enforced after your current plan expires.